The End Grain Teak Wood Cutting Board is made from premium grade Indonesian end grain teak wood. Our butcher blocks are more than 2.25 inches thick, meaning that it will certainly not warp or split in time. It also includes 2 carved-in handholds on the sides to reduce any shifting in place on the counter or table. These wood chopping blocks can be used for chopping meat, vegetables, breads.
End grain butcher block – a board, in which the timber fibers are set up vertical to the cutting surface area, as opposed to parallel in standard boards.
The board is instilled with oil deep into the fibers of the butcher’s block. This is specifically maintains the gorgeous look of the board.
These large end-grain butcher blocks are highly valued for their ability to protect the blade on your knives. The blade reduces the timber fibers (without harming them as well as the blade) leaving the board untouched, as well as the blade sharp.
Complying with these easy steps will ensure longevity for your cutting board.
- Keep your cutting board tidy by washing with soap and water after each usage.
- Make sure to rinse off all residue soap.
- Pad all the water down with a towel until the cutting board is completely dry.
- Use a small drop of food-grade mineral oil.
- Make sure to use food quality mineral oil – no veggie oils
- Do not use in the microwave or stove. Do not clean in the dishwasher. Hand Wash only.
- Do not position warm pots or mugs on top of the surface of the cutting board, as this can leave scorch marks